JetSuite is currently seeking an Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) for its Van Nuys, California location. We have an immediate need for someone with exceptional business judgment and discretion as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organization.
Under the direction of the Director of Maintenance, will provide technical assistance and labor for any and all problems associated with aircraft repairs or servicing at stations not normally staffed by JetSuite maintenance personnel. Coordinate with the maintenance department and Flight Operations to ensure a safe and efficient repair and return to service of aircraft. Exercise good judgment in working with people in a team environment as well as in aircraft maintenance and safety.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Must live in the Southern California area
· Must have a valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
· Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
· Ability to travel to out-stations and stay for an undetermined amount of time to provide technical assistance and labor
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and must be fluent in English
· Have your own hand tools.
· United States citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
· Basic mathematical competency
· Minimum two-year’s FAR 135 air carrier aircraft maintenance experience
· EMBRAER Phenom 100 experience
· PC literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Valid passport with no travel restrictions
Required Physical Demands:
· Ability to lift, carry and move medium to heavy weights of 50 pounds or more.
· Good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity.
· There are prolonged periods during which individuals will be standing and working outdoors.
· Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl and stoop frequently in confined spaces.
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Have a background in turbine aircraft maintenance.
- Experience should consist of:
- Formal and informal aircraft systems training
- Maintenance of aircraft and engine systems
- Dispatch requirements
- Use of specialized tools
- Ground support equipment
- Technical reports and forms
- Online Aircraft Maintenance Manuals, and Parts Catalogs
- Aircraft logbook procedures and computer based aircraft maintenance tracking systems
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills.
- Can work independently while still keeping a team perspective.
- Detail orientated with ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to show a demonstrated ability to trouble shoot aircraft problems with little guidance.
- Ability to work with fellow coworkers with a variety of personalities
- Must be flexible with respect to work schedule and willing to assist and support others within the company when needed.
· This position will travel as required to various airports - estimated travel is approximately 25% of the work week. This position will support the Van Nuys location when not travelling.
· Work under the direction of the Director of Maintenance.
· Provide updates to Maintenance Department and Flight Operations as to status of work being performed on aircraft at their location.
· Maintain and organize all Maintenance equipment.
· Perform and maintain all required maintenance documents.
· Attend training events both on and off the assigned work site and the Santa Ana Corporate site to continue to develop professional skills.
· Hours are varying shifts and weekends as needed.
· Other duties as assigned
· Work is performed in an open work environment (hangar) or outdoors at the airport terminal.
· Travel more than 25% will be required
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Jet Suite is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.